- Contains synergistic ingredients that help support normal, healthy liver detoxification and provide antioxidant protection.†
- 600mg of NAC.
- Includes cofactors selenium and molybdenum.
- Vegetarian capsule.
- N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) serves as a source of cysteine required for the liver’s synthesis of glutathione. Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant that helps neutralize free radicals produced during the first phase of liver detoxification.†
- Glutathione is also needed during phase 2 liver detoxification. In this phase, various chemical intermediates produced in phase 1 are chemically bound to specific amino acids and then prepared for excretion via the kidneys (urine). If there is inadequate glutathione, toxic chemicals can accumulate causing liver damage and damage to healthy cells.†
- NAC has been shown in studies to help protect the liver from the damaging effects of drug and or alcohol toxicity.†
- Selenium is an important cofactor for the production of glutathione peroxidase, an enzyme made in the liver that helps neutralize toxic free radicals.†
- Molybdenum is an essential cofactor for the phase 2 detoxification process known as sulfation. This process, through the use of sulfur-containing compound such as glutathione, taurine, and SAMe, helps to detoxify sulfur-containing chemicals found in food additives, drugs, and the environment, all of which can be potentially harmful to the body.†
Made by: Foremost