Essential fatty acids (EFA’s) are essential to vital biochemical and physiological processes in the body. For example, omega-3 fats such as ALA, EPA, and DHA are critical for supporting healthy Cardiovascular and neurological function, as well as promoting a normal, healthy inflammatory response.† Omega-6 fats such as GLA also provide many health benefits including supporting healthy skin and a healthy inflammatory response.† Omega-9 fats, such as the oleic acid typically found in high concentrations in olive oil, help to support healthy cardiovascular function.† Unfortunately, the typical American diet is deficient in essential and other important fatty acids due to the consumption of heavily processed and refined foods. These foods are severely lacking in EFA’s. Consuming a supplement of omega-3, 6, and 9 fats helps ensure you receive adequate amounts of these important nutrients.
- Omega 3,6,9 Complete EFA is a mixture of borage seed oil, flaxseed oil, and fish oil which provide both categories of essential fatty acids (omega-3 and 6) along with the benefits of the omega-9 fat oleic acid.
- Both the flax and the borage seed oils are 100% cold expeller pressed and hexane-free.
- The fish oil is molecularly distilled and goes through extensive testing for heavy metals, PCBs, and other possible contaminants.
- Flaxseed oil provides alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), which is an essential omega-3 fat that cannot be made by the body. ALA has been shown to support healthy cardiovascular and neurological function as well as encourage normal, healthy cell growth.†
- GLA from borage seed oil helps support healthy skin, immune function, and a normal, healthy inflammatory response.†
- Fish oil provides omega-3 fatty acids EPA/DHA. Both of these fats help support healthy cardiovascular function, healthy triglyceride levels, structural and functional support for the nervous system, and support for a normal, healthy inflammatory response.† DHA, in particular, helps support healthy retinal structure/function contributing to healthy vision.†
- The omega-9 fat oleic acid has been shown to support healthy cardiovascular function.†